SmartPlate® single wall water heaters are specifically engineered to complement condensing boilers in low temperature applications to provide safe, reliable domestic hot water while promoting system-wide energy efficiency. Easy to install, these compact heaters offer single point header connections for domestic hot water, cold water, boiler water inlet, boiler water outlet and electrical power supply and are available in five sizes able to support loads ranging from 10 to 90 gallons per minute.
When paired with a condensing hydronic boiler, such as the Benchmark Platinum, SmartPlate water heaters can utilize boiler water as little as 5°F above the required potable water temperature to minimize radiation losses and maximize boiler efficiency.
Each fully packaged solution includes a control panel and sensors, a potable water side circulator with clean out connections, DHW drain valve, as well as shut-off valves and inlet strainers on both the boiler water and DHW sides. To ensure longevity, all water wetted (potable water side) parts are stainless steel, copper or copper alloy materials.
Features and Benefits
- Lower return water temperature increases overall plant efficiencies when paired with condensing space heating system
- Precisely matches energy input to system’s load while maintaining a ±4°F temperature control
- Two-way or three-way valve configuration
- Ultra-compact footprint of <10ft2
- Not impacted by poor water quality
- Low operating costs
- 200 PSIG domestic side operation capable
- Fully modulating variable primary input
- Packaged with controller and 3-way electronic valve
- Field adjustable for 2- or 3-way application
- Supports BAS Integration
- All stainless steel, copper or copper alloy wetted (potable water side) surfaces
- Five sizes (500 to 4500) MBH support up to 90 gpm loads
Supports a Variety of Applications
- LTBW; up to 150 PSIG, 250°F
- Set point range 50°F to 180°F
- Single or multiple installation
- Ideal for New or Retrofit
- DHW: Up to 200 PSIG
Shipped completely assembled and ready for immediate hook-up; includes heat exchanger, full controls package with 3-way electronic control valve. The package can be operated selectively in 2-way or 3-way configurations.
AERCOs exclusive electronic control system combines a control box assembly with all circuitry, a flow meter installed at the cold water inlet for feed-forward sensing, feedback sensors and voltage regulator. To maintain optimal temperature control, the system utilizes PID algorithms to monitor outlet temperature and change control valve position. Easy-to-use digital displays are protected by clear-cover enclosure which can be locked. The system also includes an overtemp limit switch.
Optional control board supports remote control and integration via Modbus protocol to Building Automation or Energy Management Software via RS-232 or RS-485 port.
Optional for remote "High Limit Tripped Status" indication.