We all have a responsibility to the environment. That's why we strive to minimize emissions and waste wherever we can, while using raw materials and energy more efficiently.
Long Product Life
Our boilers and water heaters have some of the longest product lives in the industry, which means we’re consuming and creating much less waste.
In fact, our original water heater installed in the historic Waldorf Astoria in New York City in 1967 was in operation for 40 years!
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
We recycle in many areas throughout our facility:
- Our recirculating water system for final unit testing saves tens of millions of gallons of water per year
- We reuse and re-purpose packaging materials
- Many product components are made from stainless steel which is non-toxic and 100% recyclable
- We recycle cardboard, wooden pallets and scrap metals
Reduced Emissions and Energy
We’ve updated many facets of our manufacturing process to reduce emissions and energy use:
- Incorporated energy efficient LED lighting throughout our campus
- Eliminated the use of Acetylene gas from our production process
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning agents in our production process
- Employ external dry coolers to extract heat added during testing instead of cooling towers that consume fresh water
- Utilize a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system to control the variable frequency drives (VFD) in our pump room minimizes electrical energy consumption