AERCO Condensate Neutralizers are ideal for neutralizing condensate from condensing boilers, water heaters and furnaces operating on natural gas or propane.
Condensate is acidic and has the potential to harm the environment and the sewer system. The AERCO Condensate Neutralizer will raise the pH of the condensate to a more neutral level before it is discharged to drain. If the drain is used, in some portion of its run, solely for the purpose of condensate removal and the drain material is subject to damage from acidic condensate then the use of the Condensate Neutralizer is advisable and if applied properly and regularly maintained can avoid damage associated with a leak in your drain piping.
Features and Benefits
- Capacity: one-capsule model — 1.6 gal/hr (6.05l/hr); two-capsule model — 4.0 gal/hr (15.1 l/hr); tank model – 41 gal/hr (155 l/hr)
- Prevents acidic condensate from corroding drains and sewer systems
- Neutralized condensate is more environmentally friendly
- Fast and easy installation
- Helps maintain a neutral environment for bacteria in septic systems
- Low profile design for appliances with a near floor condensate drain
- All corrosion resistant materials
- Suitable for use on all types of natural gas and propane appliances
- Includes initial charge of neutralizing agent
- Capsule models can be mounted in horizontal or vertical position (see installation instructions)
Tank model includes: baffles designed to channel flow thoroughly for complete neutralization, integral bypass to prevent condensate backflow into appliance, NPT connections with unions for fast and versatile installation.
Each one-capsule model will neutralize condensate from appliances up to 400,000 BTU/hr input.
Each two-capsule model will neutralize condensate from appliances up to 1,000,000 BTU/hr input. If the connected appliance is more than 1,000,000 BTU/hr, multiple two-capsule kits can be installed in series. See Tech Data Sheet for selection guideline for all AERCO gas fired products.
Each tank model will neutralize condensate from appliances up to 6,400,000 BTU/hr input. The tank model can be used for multiple appliance installation with a combined BTU/hr input not exceeded 6,400,000. See Tech Data Sheet for selection guideline for all AERCO gas fired products.